“Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use your power of your word in the direction of truth and love.”
― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Greetings my darlings! Autumn begins this week in the Northern Hemisphere. And before you know it Daylight Savings Time will end. Already the days grow shorter and cooler. Halloween is just around the corner, time seems to be speeding by. But don’t let life pass you by. I do hope that you all take this time to relax and unwind. Make time for yourself by doing wonderful things for yourself. There’s nothing wrong with treating yourself well. Because if you don’t, who will? Please enjoy this week’s messages randomly chosen by Spirit just for you.
This week’s themes are about self care (physically, mentally, and spiritually), finding all that’s good in your life right NOW! And…expecting more wonderful things to come.
Celebrate your choices at this time, for you have drawn the symbol of Fulfillment. Now is the time to integrate and digest what you have learned of late. Savor every moment and know that every encounter is intended to feed your soul. You are meant to have a rich, satisfying life, and taste all that experience has to offer. Look around and recognize all of the ways that your life is already full; you have so many reasons to feel good about yourself! All is well and will be well when you choose Fulfillment.
This message comes to your courtesy of Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle
Totem Tuesday~ Salamander
Land-Swimmer. Delicacy. Fire. Elemental Metamorphosis. Primitive. Danger. Homecoming. Poison. The Joy of Change. Cryptic. Toxic. Sensitivity. Dark Waters. Elemental Magic.
Salamanders are long-bodied amphibians which retain a tail throughout life, they experience one or multiple periods of metamorphosis. Their skin is generally soft and in some cases slimy, all salamandrids have toxic skin secretions, and all newts are highly poisonous. On land they wriggle rapidly in order to move, a movement which is almost exactly the same as the land. wriggling movement a fish makes in order to swim. In other words, they swim on land. All salamandrids must return to water in order to bear live young that live in water until they lose their external gills. They are cryptic creatures generally active on mild, damp nights. They tend to live in burrows or refuges under logs and leaves, and newts tend to live in dark, protective places underwater or near water.
Please remember that if this animal is contacting you, it will often be the best resource for teaching you what its lessons are. What I write is only intended to be a guide, it is not absolute, nor is it infallible.
– The true salamander uses a fish-like movement in order to move on land, reminiscent of its aquatic roots. This movement is described as land-swimming, and for this reason, the salamander can be thought of as the land-swimmer. Salamander teaches us to radically change how we move through our lives spiritually and physically in order to negotiate how we get there. Salamander also teaches us that with better internal fluidity we can negotiate life smoothly, even if we may look a little odd to others.
– The true salamander, due to its mythological associations, is connected to the element of fire in magical workings. The salamander is a creature that in its natural habitat has very little connection to fire, yet this elemental connection persists. It is important to negotiate our balance with the elements. It is important to realise that even though we may have had, or can imagine ourselves having negative reactions with fire in real life, that our spiritual lives will be enriched if we work with this element.
– Many creatures can be thought of as primitive in origin, but there is a timeless quality to the salamander, which persists in the shadows and the dark waters, often on the periphery of our conscious. It is not a glamourised creature in many circles, yet it is unique and ancient in origin. Salamander in dreams and journeys or visualisations can teach us to pay attention to our own dark waters and primitive origins, and look for the amphibian within that negotiates boundary, embraces and delights in metamorphosis, and seeks to quietly transform who we are. Salamander teaches us to listen hard and look well.
– Salamander is a creature of the hidden. Salamander opens us up to secrets within ourselves, secrets within others, and secrets of the spirit. Salamander also teaches us that it’s important to keep aspects of our life secret and to do this with a sense of subtlety that does not draw attention to ourselves.
– The salamander is at constant risk of being killed slowly through the absorption of environmental toxins when it breathes the air around it and swims in waters. It is also itself a poisonous or toxic creature that excretes poison. Salamander as a teacher can come at a time when we ourselves have a compromised health to teach us how to live with poisons around us, or to teach us how to become more ‘toxic’ to those who wish us harm. Some people need to learn how to fight back with brute force, but the true salamander teaches us how to fight back with venomous words, toxic actions and poisonous mannerisms.
– Salamander can teach us how to look within to find our place in the world, our home, and also to return to our birth place and the home of our ancestors. Salamander can be a very beneficial energy for people who have been adopted, who wish to trust their cell memory and ancestor’s guidance in discovering their true home and heritage. Salamander can also help us find our way home in a spiritual sense.
– The true salamander and newt have strong connections to all aspects of elemental magic and the ability to work with multiple elements in a form of elemental metamorphosis. True salamander’s presence in our lives can draw with it a need to focus on elemental magic, elemental theory, and to deliberately place ourselves outside of our comfort zone and work with elements we rarely work with. Salamander energy tends to focus more specifically on Water, Earth and Fire.
– Finally, the true salamander is one of the creatures to undergo more than one or more metamorphoses. Salamander teaches us that it is important to embrace change joyfully throughout our lives, regardless of how many life-changing events we’ve experienced already.
If you have True Salamander or Newt as your guide:
People with this animal as a guide will often manifest traits similar to the animal itself. I work on the philosophy that we only have one guide, and it teaches us lessons as well as representing the core aspects of our personality. Therefore –
– People with salamander energy are generally concerned with helping others to enjoy change, and also helping others to look at the secrets in themselves and around them – and use newfound knowledge in order to grow.
There will be other ways your guide manifests, and you will recognise them with awareness and communion.
As a shadow energy:
The shadow guide is the animal we often fear irrationally, that teaches us things about ourselves that are profound and difficult to confront. Often the traits we fear most within the shadow guide, are the traits that we dislike in ourselves. We must scrutinise why this is, and learn how to work with them.
– People may fear salamander energy if they are gossips who are prone to not respecting the boundaries of other’s secret knowledge and their information. In this sense, salamander energy may inspire subconscious feelings of guilt.
– People who fear salamander or newt often also fear ceremonial and elemental magic, and witchcraft. This is both due to historical associations, and the energy of the creature itself.
Contacting True Salamander / Newt:
Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Meditating in quiet, dark places are likely to be more successful, also consider the importance of your surrounding – places rich with water, loam, decaying logs and leaves and sources of permanent water are likely to be far more yielding than say meditating in the middle of summer out underneath the hot sun. I find that animals tend to appreciate you making the effort to understand their habitat and surroundings and try to synchronise yourself with them, rather than forcing them to synchronise with you.
Salamander tends to be cryptic and silent in visualisation, often appearing during important events but not always communicating directly with you. It’s also important to distinguish between salamander and lizard if you come across them in meditation, journeying or in dreams.
We are often so caught up in the physical and mental aspects of life that we neglect our spirits and souls. This card is a reminder to you that the spirit aspect of self is one that endures, life after life and must be acknowledged and nurtured on the physical plane. Perhaps you place too much emphasis on your physical body or your mind. By awakening the spirit within you are able to become aligned to your soul purpose and can find peace and meaning to life. Beware of allowing others to determine your spiritual path. It is a very personal journey and you must find your own. Do not allow others to force their beliefs or religions on you. Spirituality does not need to be linked to a specific religion or dogma. It is an inner knowing; a feeling of connectedness, of love and joy; of being one with the Divine Source. By bringing together your lower and higher chakras and merging them within your Heart chakra you are able to lovingly connect to spirit and all spiritual wisdom that will serve your soul purpose while at the same time keeping you grounded firmly to Mother Earth. Follow your own unique spiritual journey and become the magnificent being you are meant to be.
This message comes to you courtesy of Conscious Spirit Oracle
Just For Fun~Sacred Dreaming Spell
As we move closer to autumn, it’s time to think about the dream realm and all it can offer to our personal pathwork. Find a space in your bedroom where you can set up an altar to dreaming, and decorate it with deep blues and silver, making sure to leave space for a notebook, a pen, and a white, blue, or silver candle. You may wish to make a dream pillow, but don’t overstuff it! You want it to be comfortable to sleep upon. Good herbs to use are lavender, rose, mugwort, lemon, and sandalwood.
Take a bath or shower before bed to cleanse and purify yourself from your day. Light your candle and say prayers to your chosen deity for the kind of dream you wish to have. While falling asleep, focus on the fact that the answers are coming to you now, and try not to let your mind fall into the mundane. When you awaken, write down the dream immediately, and act upon the advice given.
Friday/Weekend~ The Vatea
In a love relationship, you will be able to work miracles because the half-woman, half-porpoise Vatea represents the unknown damsel. Not only will you meet a stranger, but someone you already know will want to know you more. Symbolic of high virtue, the patience of nature, and returning to the rich subconscious, the Vatea intimates that you know your future and need only wait to enjoy watching something infinitely special unfold. You will be in high spirits and pleased with the way your life is going because everything is about to improve for you. You are entering a phase that dreams are made of, not only in love but in personal ambitions too.
This message comes to you courtesy of Mermaids and Dolphins Oracle
I leave you with this prayer for Autumn………………….
Prayer for Autumn Days
God of the seasons, there is a time for everything; there is a time for dying and a time for rising. We need courage to enter into the transformation process.
God of autumn, the trees are saying goodbye to their green, letting go of what has been. We, too, have our moments of surrender, with all their insecurity and risk. Help us to let go when we need to do so.
God of fallen leaves lying in colored patterns on the ground, our lives have their own patterns. As we see the patterns of our own growth, may we learn from them.
God of misty days and harvest moon nights, there is always the dimension of mystery and wonder in our lives. We always need to recognize your power-filled presence. May we gain strength from this.
God of harvest wagons and fields of ripened grain, many gifts of growth lie within the season of our surrender. We must wait for harvest in faith and hope. Grant us patience when we do not see the blessings.
God of geese going south for another season, your wisdom enables us to know what needs to be left behind and what needs to be carried into the future. We yearn for insight and vision.
God of flowers touched with frost and windows wearing white designs, may your love keep our hearts from growing cold in the empty seasons.
God of life, you believe in us, you enrich us, you entrust us with the freedom to choose life. For all this, we are gratefuI.
I do hope that this week’s messages resonated with you. If it hasn’t upon first glance, then feel free to re-read them. There may be a deeper or hidden message specifically for you from your angels and/or guides. Let me know…I would love to hear from you. Also, please share, re-blog, and like. This way you will be paying it forward for others to receive this guidance. Follow Angels & Celestials on Instagram